Some 2012 Conference Highlights
MEET YOUR COMMUNITY
Join hundreds of media and visual arts producers, practitioners, advocates, reformers, academics and patrons.
Build your skills and expand your horizons at a variety of workshops, panels and plenaries:
● Plenary: "Artists As Leaders"
● Plenary: "Creative Placemaking"
● Networked Nonprofits: Leading the Field in a Peer-to-Peer Universe
● Activating Networks through Power Mapping and Social Network Analysis
● A Brief History of the Alternative Spaces Movement, 1997-2012
● Borders, Digital Diasporas & Ethnic Media
● The Mobile-Media Millennium
● The Public in Public Art
● Pennies from Heaven: Crowdfunding Critiques & Innovations
● Workshop: Burnout & Nurturing Productivity
● Workshop: Fiscal Sponsorship: Extending Nonprofit Impacts
● Workshop: Circumventing Censorship
● Policy for the Generations: Public & Community Access
● Prodding the Sleeping Giants: Media, Arts & Citizen’s Movements
● Media Literacy: Surviving in a Saturated Media Environment
● Defending & Extending the Commons: a Generational Manifesto
● Youth Media Networks: How We’re Connected
● Serving Neglected Communities
● … and many more!
Encounter dozens of media and visual-arts innovators, venues, service providers, and showcase your work to hundreds of conference attendees.
Experiment with and showcase new technologies in transmedia, gaming, production, presentation technologies.
MEET & GREET WITH FUNDERS
Converse directly with grant makers.
OPEN CONVENING GROUPS
Affiliate, organize, teach, learn and socialize around topics in production, practice, development, management and more.
TOURS, PARTIES & SHINDIGS
Hosted by peer organizations in the thriving Minneapolis community, including the Soap Factory, Franklin Art Works, MTN Studios, Intermedia Arts, the Hack Factory and the Walker Art Center.