Activity Specialist (Technology), Grand Street Settlement
JOB SUMMARY: Provides school age, teen and adult participants with engaging, creative, and learning project-based activities utilizing computer and media center equipment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- College student specializing in information technology/computer science;
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer applications; software programs and social media (e.g., Office programs, website creation, Facebook Fan Page, YouTube);
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer applications and educational technologies for academic support;
- Demonstrated knowledge of hardware troubleshooting and repair;
- Experience working with students in urban school/community settings;
- At least one year experience teaching technology curriculum to all age groups;
- Successfully clear: NYS DOH Fingerprinting Screening; New York State Clearance Review Background Check; 3 reference checks; physical examination with updated TB test (fees may apply);
- English/Spanish bilingualism preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write and implement curriculum;
- Design daily project-based lesson plans to maximize student learning;
- Provide lab instruction through tutorials, workshops, lectures, and demonstrations to students;
- Provide small group technological assistance to participants;
- Assist students in project-based curricula and activities;
- Set up classroom at the beginning of, and clean up at the end of, each class/session;
- Perform other duties and undertake special projects as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email using subject header “PT Activities Specialist Technology” with your 1) resume, 2) cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the position and how you heard of this opportunity, and 3) three professional references (at least one from a former supervisor) to: Jacqueline Sanchez, Cornerstone Program Director. E-mail: [email protected]