Research and Social Media Intern
Chimpanzee Productions is an independent film, television, and multimedia production company dedicated to producing unique audio-visual experiences that illuminate the human condition and the search for identity, family, and spirituality. They seek Research & Social Media Interns to aid in the research and administrative functions of producing a feature documentary on the history of African American Photographers, directed by award-winning filmmaker, Thomas Allen Harris.
Interns must be enthusiastic, focused, and good-humored professionals who will be full members of our production team. Interns will assist with Photo Research, Digitizing & Cataloging Archival Media, Visiting local Libraries & Archives, Fact Checking Historical Content, Research & Preparing Materials for Social Media Sites, Creating & Moderating Photography-Inspired Online Activities, and performing general production office duties as needed.
Aspiring Filmmakers, Media Justice Advocates, and Students of all ages are welcome to apply. Interns would be on-site for 15-20 hours per week, and the commitment to the internship would be for 3-4 months. Please note that this is an unpaid position. Course credit is available for students.
Chimpanzee Productions seeks interns with the following qualifications:
- Must have a keen eye for detail, an ability for organization, and an aptitude for performing quality research
- Can prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects with an acute attention to detail
- Able to work with calm and focus within a fast paced production environment
- Organized, hard working, and able to follow through independently on assigned tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Filemaker, Word, Excel a must. Photoshop and Final Cut Pro very helpful
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadlines
- Patient and compassionate with a good sense of humor
If you are interested in joining Chimpanzee Productions' hard-working and fun-loving production team, please send your Resume, Cover Letter, and References to:
Email: [email protected] | Tel: (212) 281 - 6002