Marketing and Administration Manager, Belmont Media Center
Marketing and Administration Manager
The Marketing and Administration Manager is a new full-time staff position at the Belmont Media Center.
The primary role of the Manager is to oversee all marketing and outreach efforts to our membership, the Belmont community and beyond. Secondly, but no less important, the Manager will assist the Executive Director with general administration including management of BMC’s facility, activities, and volunteers.
The ideal candidate will join a dedicated team of staff members, forward-thinking board of directors and engaged volunteers to keep building BMC into a vital, vibrant, and interactive communications hub in Belmont.
As demand for local TV coverage, technical resources, and classes increases, the Marketing and Administration Manager will play a vital role in growing BMC’s capacity to serve the electronic communication needs of the residents and institutions of Belmont.
- Coordinate all marketing and outreach efforts, internally and externally.
- Assist the Executive Director (ED) with day-to-day administration, managing membership database, and facility management; and volunteer/intern coordination.
- Develop and schedule training classes with assistance from BMC staff.
- Serve as the Gallery and Events Coordinator in partnership with Gallery Committee.
Main Job Tasks
Community Outreach and Marketing:
- Maintain membership and community email lists
- Coordinate writing and design of email newsletters, website updates, social media posts, blogs, brochures, and flyers.
- Coordinate BMC participation at Meet Belmont, Town Day and other community events
- Create and update information to Electronic Community Bulletin Board
Works at direction of ED to manage and update FACIL operational database
- Maintain membership renewals and member information
- Coordinate monthly and annual membership mailings
- Maintain volunteer/intern files
Coordinate and schedule classes and seminars with assistance of staff and instructors
- Recruit and new instructors
- Serve as key contact for instructors and students
- Develop, plan and manage training classes and workshops
- Create and coordinate external promotion of classes/workshops
Gallery and Events Coordinator:
Work closely with Gallery Committee to:
- Recruit and interview artists and school groups for new exhibits.
- Manage gallery exhibit and reception scheduling
- Develop and manage promotion and publicity of gallery exhibits and events.
- Work closely with Gallery Committee to:
- Other related duties or tasks as assigned by Executive Director.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in TV/Film, Marketing, or related field is desired but not required.
- Basic experience and understanding of TV/video production and editing is required
- Demonstrated skills with MSOffice, Open Office or iWork applications.
- Demonstrated experience and skill with website updating, blogs, and social media websites.
- Knowledge and basic familiarity with website design software and content management software, like Drupal, is desirable
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Basic experience with operational database management (FACIL)
- Professional personal presentation
- Supervisory skills
- Organized and self-directed
- Customer service orientation
- Information management
- Ability to work as a team member on a small staff
Salary range is $38,000 - $45,000 commensurate with experience
BMC offers a flexible benefits package, plus sick days, personal time, professional development and on-the-job training assistance
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward letter of application and resume to:
Jeffrey Hansell, Executive Director
Belmont Media Center
9 Lexington Street
Belmont, MA 02478
617-484-2443, ext. 222
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles of the Belmont Media Center, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law.