Media Education Director: Nickelodeon Theatre
Having just opened our new facility in the heart of downtown Columbia, the Nickelodeon Theatre is entering the most exciting phase of its 33 year history. Thanks to support from the Ford Foundation, the Nickelodeon is now seeking a highly-motivated Media Education expert to join the staff as we prepare to launch a new slate of education programs in the coming year.
Striving to be “more than just a movie theater,” the Nick is developing a wide range of education programs including field trips, after-school programs, workshops, summer camps and more.
- Developing curriculum for elementary school media literacy field trip program
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with local teachers and school districts
- Developing and directing production-based after-school program for high school students
- Developing summer workshop for Latino teens in the Midlands with community partners
- Recruiting local filmmakers as volunteer instructors for programs
- Assisting with program-related grant writing
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for the Nickelodeon, its mission and values; in particular serving Columbia's diverse communities through thought-provoking film, media education opportunities and filmmaker support services
- Strong leadership, problem solving and organization skills
- Experience working with children
- Experience in film/video production
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro and Photoshop
- A college degree in Media Arts, Education or a related field
This a full time, salaried position with health benefits and free popcorn. Salary will range from $30,000-$40,000 depending on candidate experience. Please note that candidates may be asked to complete a SLED background check prior to hiring.
The Nickelodeon Theatre is a 501(c)3 art house cinema, that has served Columbia and the state of South Carolina since 1979. With a dedication to leveraging the power of media arts to improve our community, we encourage candidates of all races, genders, religions and sexual orientations to apply.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] by October 22.