First film festival dedicated to investigative reporting on film
100Reporters (100R.org) is a news organization that marries the standards, skills and ethics of traditional journalism to the new media landscape. It gathers a corps of award-winning journalists and those in places that do not tolerate a free press to report on corruption and hold government accountable. 100Reporters also presents the annual Double Exposure Film Festival and Symposium (DoubleExposureFestival.com), the nation’s first and only festival dedicated to investigative storytelling on film. The fourth edition will take place October 10-14, 2018, in Washington, DC.
The Revenue and Sponsorship Sales Consultant is responsible for managing the overall Double Exposure sponsorship program, identifying sponsorship opportunities, soliciting all sponsorship deals, and maximizing sponsorship revenue by targeting various companies, organizations and associations. The manager attends team meetings and sales update meetings as required.
- Review existing sponsorship structure and identify new opportunities for sponsorship revenue, consistent with organization’s mission;
- Research and develop a list of potential sponsors for Double Exposure;
- Utilize telephone solicitation, electronic correspondence and face-to-face meetings as tools in order to reach targeted revenues for the festival;
- Negotiate sponsorships and review all deals. Secure approval for any departures from pre-approved rights and benefits;
- Research and develop a list of potential partners when required;
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential sponsorship clients and partners;
- Keep precise records of conversations with all clients, sponsors and partners;
- Update internal database as required;
- Invoice sponsors once agreements have been reached;
- Maintain knowledge of festival timelines and sponsorship deadlines;
- Ensure the successful delivery of festival benefits to secured sponsors;
- Meet with trade and professional organizations and other groups to organize, promote and discuss Double Exposure;
- Professionally represent Double Exposure.
The successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, continuous proactive skill and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. General qualification requirements include:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate customer needs and resolve issues independently;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with a strong, persuasive personality;
- Professional, friendly, organized, energetic and determined approach in attempting to land sponsors;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and master goals;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in sourcing new sponsors;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop accounts;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to act independently with minimal or no supervision;
- Servicing existing sponsors and developing other revenue streams;
- Demonstrated ability to build a rapport with partners quickly;
- In-depth understanding of the sponsorship industry;
- Business Administration or equivalent degree, with a minimum of 2 years experience in corporate sales;
- A reasonable combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- References required.
Please email a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant experience jobs@100R.org with the subject line: Revenue and Sponsorship Sales Consultant.
100Reporters is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to jobs@100R.org