First film festival dedicated to investigative reporting on film
100Reporters (100R.org) is a news organization that marries the standards, skills and ethics of traditional journalism to the new media landscape. It gathers a corps of award-winning journalists and those in places that do not tolerate a free press to report on corruption and hold government accountable. 100Reporters also presents the annual Double Exposure Film Festival and Symposium (DoubleExposureFestival.com), the nation’s first and only festival dedicated to investigative storytelling on film. The fourth edition will take place October 10-14, 2018, in Washington, DC.
100Reporters seeks an experienced, self-starting, creative Donor Relations Specialist to craft and execute a strategic plan for outreach to major donors (over $5,000) for the Double Exposure Investigative Film Festival and Symposium, and to build the infrastructure necessary to manage, sustain and continually improve on the results of those efforts. The organization seeks a consultant based in Washington, DC, who will be instrumental in creating a sound financial footing for this thriving new festival at the crossroads of investigative journalism and visual storytelling.
- Participate in formulating and executing a strategic development and outreach plan that will maximize financial support and external recognition of 100Reporters and the Double Exposure Investigative Film Festival and Symposium;
- Identify and cultivate high net worth individuals interested in the mission of Double Exposure;
Build the infrastructure to capture, manage, sustain and add to new funding streams;
- Gift recording and acknowledgement, tracking contact with donors;
- Work closely with 100Reporters’ leadership team and board, including developing their effectiveness with potential funders.
- A track record of success in creating and executing strategic fundraising and development plans focusing on individual donors. Experience doing so in start-ups and/or non-traditional organizations a plus;
- Outstanding writing, speaking and people skills, including a strong commitment to behaving ethically;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple tasks in a highly organized, detail-oriented manner, and thrive in the fast-paced environment represented by new, cause-oriented organizations;
- Superb organizational skills, flexibility; detail-oriented with strong follow-through and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and fundraising database management;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- A background in or strong commitment to investigative journalism and/or filmmaking;
- A commitment to diversity, and appreciation for differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance;
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
Please email a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant experience to jobs@100R.org with subject line: Donor Relations Specialist.
100Reporters is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to jobs@100R.org