Website Global Fund for Women
Global Fund for Women’s vision is a world in which every woman and girl is strong safe, powerful, and heard. No exceptions. We are a global champion for the rights of women and girls, using grantmaking and advocacy to strengthen global movements for women’s rights. The Social Media Specialist develops, implements, and measures Global Fund for Women’s social media strategy. Additionally, this position requires executing key aspects of media relations and public relations strategy.
The Social Media Specialist is a full-time position within the Programs team. The Programs team unifies grantmaking, movements building, and advocacy activities to get money and attention where they will make the biggest difference in the fight for gender equality. The Social Media Specialist builds Global Fund for Women’s social media profile, audience, and advocates – online and offline. The position works with the Senior Campaigns and Communications Manager—and the full Advocacy group— to develop and execute social media strategy as it aligns with organization-wide goals, and on aspects of Global Fund for Women media relations and PR strategy. The position is also part of the cross-functional Digital Marketing Team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage Global Fund for Women social media accounts including, but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Produce engaging, interactive content that aligns with Global Fund for Women’s strategic goals. Monitor brand consistency across platforms. Develop, execute, and measure creative social media actions and audience engagement opportunities with the Senior Campaigns and Communications Manager.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report regularly on performance of social media accounts and their impact on organization and team-wide goals.
- Monitor social media accounts of peer and grantee organizations and women’s funds; share relevant materials, reports, and recommend opportunities for aligned partnerships.
- Promote Global Fund for Women through organic and paid tactics to increase brand awareness, drive web traffic, and expand online constituency (including email subscribers and donors).
Identify and build relationships with promotional partners and social media influencers, including managing social media advocates for Global Fund for Women.
- Collaborate with Senior Campaigns and Communications Manager to manage and elevate CEO social media profile and online presence.
- Develop strategy and train staff to expand team and individual social media use, understanding, and consult on how to integrate social media into operational and programmatic strategies and tactics.
- Create reports and analysis on social media, online advocacy, and new media trends as well as new tools and resources as it pertains to Global Fund for Women.
PR and Media Relations:
- Work closely with Senior Campaigns and Communications Manager to outreach to media, develop media lists, and identify media contacts for proactive media outreach
- Build Global Fund for Women media profile in online and offline media, with a focus on engaging media outlets that will reach and engage new audiences.
- Support partnership development with critical media outlets to ensure placement of high quality content.
- Conduct research and interviews for external news pieces related to the work of Global Fund for Women.
- Write copy for media, blogs reports, documents, email newsletters, publications, and proposals as needed, working with agreed sign-off protocols.
Movements Building and Grantmaking:
As a member of the Programs team, support strategy development, knowledge, and develop thought leadership in one or more strategic priority area and support grantmaking and movements building activities as requested
- Engage in relevant profile, proposal and final report reviews in order to understand and communicate work of grantee-partners
- Ensure that advocacy and social media strategies are grounded in the voices of grantee partners and strategies and linked to overall thematic priorities.
- Participate in cross-functional work-teams
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
This position works within Global Fund policies and procedures and at all times acts as an ambassador for the Programs team within the organization, as well as with individuals and organizations external to Global Fund for Women.
Internal: This position reports to the Head of Advocacy/Executive Producer and works closely with the Senior Campaigns and Communications Manager. The position has daily working relationships with all members of the Programs team and the Advocacy group, and has a collaborative relationship with colleagues on the Digital Marketing and Development teams
External: The Social Media Specialist primarily represents Global Fund for Women to the public via social media and media relations, as well as through external relationships with vendors, peer organizations, partners, and online donors. S/he may also present Global Fund for Women strategy and thought leadership at conferences and convenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven experience (one-two years) managing and growing brand or nonprofit presence in the social media space: managing Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts; and familiarity with YouTube, Pinterest, and Google+
- Knowledge of the framework of women’s human rights and the language used by our peers and movement actors
- Strong written communication skills for various campaigns, platforms and audiences, with the ability to synthesize information quickly and communicate complex topics to various audiences
- Proven ability to master a brand identity, understand organizational positions, and communicate effectively on behalf of Global Fund for Women to large online audiences; ability to navigate sensitive topics and issues as representative of the brand.
- Experience with measuring and reporting on social media engagement.
- Excellent media monitoring, time management, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of news and digital trends and tactics, with the ability to mobilize audience participation and engagement.
- Sensitivity toward cultural, racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity, and ability to navigate viewpoints and communication styles within a multicultural work environment.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently yet within a larger team.
- Readiness to develop knowledge in grantmaking and movements building and an understanding of our grantee partners work, strategies as well as the overall landscape of knowledge-production linked to our thematic strategies
- A commitment to women’s rights and a strong desire to support global women’s rights movements and women’s initiatives
- French, Russian, Arabic, Spanish language skills preferred
- Knowledge and experience with WordPress
- Knowledge and experience with AdWords campaigns
- Knowledge and experience with Salesforce
- Experience with media relations and PR; high affinity for and interest in news, especially breaking international news
- Knowledge of global issues related to women’s rights
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least 2 years of social media, media relations, PR, or communications experience preferably in an agency, with a demonstrated track record of achievement
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
The Global Fund for Women is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law. Women, people of color, and LGBTQI candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://globalfundforwomen.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=37 →