Website Gonzaga University
Job Purpose: The Director of the Myrtle Woldson Performing Arts Center provides overall administrative leadership of the Center. The Director is responsible for achieving the Myrtle Woldson Performing Arts Center goals for artistic excellence, audience development, fundraising, financial sustainability, and community engagement. In consultation with faculty and staff, primarily from the departments of Music and Theatre & Dance, the Director sets the artistic vision, including the external artists, and other entertainment. Equally important, the Director provides leadership on all administrative and financial matters including budgeting, contract negotiation, ticketing and management of human resources. Reporting to the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, the Director oversees a staff of approximately 5 professionals, several student employees and a departmental budget. This position is expected to maintain and develop collaborative working relationships with a variety of departments and individuals across Gonzaga University, the Inland Northwest community and the industry in an effort to increase awareness and utilization of the Myrtle Woldson Performing Arts Center.
Minimum Qualifications: 1. Master’s degree or higher in an arts field, or MBA with arts training.
2. Five years of progressively more responsible experience in a performing arts environment.
3. Familiar with current booking practices within the industry.
4. Experience with contracts, specifically related to artist contract provisions.
5. Proven team leader. Provide record of leadership, team development, and motivational techniques.
6. Proven track record for managing events of all types, sizes, and complexity for a diverse clientele.
7. Excellent and proven organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; comfort with social media; ability to effectively interact and collaborate with team members, clients, university departments and personnel.
8. Proficiency in computer applications, including ticket and theater management software, graphics programs, Microsoft Office Suite. Banner and EMS experience is a plus.
9. Ability to work weekends, holidays and/or evenings when needed.
EEO Statement: Gonzaga University is a Jesuit, Catholic, humanistic institution, and is therefore interested in candidates who will contribute to its distinctive mission. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.
For a complete job description, or to apply, please go to https://gonzaga.peopleadmin.com/
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://gonzaga.peopleadmin.com/ →