Website Holyoke Community Media Inc
Holyoke Media is seeking a Director of Media Engagement to help develop and implement our educational and outreach programs.
Leading by example, this individual will identify and create engaging content, teach others how to do so, and develop and expand lasting, productive, mutually beneficial partnerships around the creation of media content with local groups and individuals to build a dialogue that positively contributes to the local media environment.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a track record of producing high quality media content, as well as experience cultivating relationships around media production. The candidate will focus on excellence, quality and enhancing capabilities; including technology, community engagement and improving social media outreach.
Candidates must have good contacts inside and outside of Holyoke and a track record of working with under served communities, in order to most effectively facilitate content that is reflective of the challenges and needs of the Holyoke community. Spanish and English fluency required.
- Engage community organizations and producers in the video and audio development process, including coordinating with programs to identify needs and timelines.
- Develop training materials and curriculum and Run regular community training courses in the use of video and audio production equipment.
- Film, edit and produce video, audio and social media content.
- Assess the media needs of the community and help facilitate appropriate solutions.
- Work closely with colleagues and community members to ensure organic media content is effectively reaching targeted audience and building community engagement.
- Assist and provide guidance to stakeholders in navigating the production process.
- Assist with overseeing the production and online distribution of local government meetings
- Help maintain online content.
- 3-5 years of practical multimedia production or related experience.
- Excellent relationship-building and relationship management skills, including an ability to connect with people from all backgrounds and walks of life
- Institutional knowledge of Holyoke.
- Strong editing skill and familiarity with Avid, Adobe Premiere, and Final Cut Pro.
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms and content management systems.
- Meticulous attention to detail and deadlines.
- Proven communication skills and ability to work effectively with the public.
- Ability to train users in video editing, sound recording and television camera use.
- Familiarity with online video hosts, social media and content management systems.
- Must have a working knowledge of copyright and privacy law.
- Spanish and English Fluency.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume and work samples to Jobs@Holyokemedia.org by September 30th, 2018.
This position is full time with benefits. Pay commensurate with experience
To apply for this job email your details to jobs@Holyokemedia.org