Website Indiana Public Broadcasting Stations (IPBS)
Indiana Public Broadcasting Stations (IPBS) is a not-for-profit association of 17 public TV and radio stations which serve the state of Indiana. Representing the 17-member stations, IPBS is the coordinating office for statewide project partners to connect with all Indiana public broadcasters. IPBS represents a remarkably powerful tool to reach the entire state and beyond. Indiana public television and radio providing engaging educational and informational programming for Indiana citizens. http://ipbs.org/
IPBS is seeking an Executive Director to lead the organization during a time of expansion and new service opportunities. The IPBS Executive Director is a fulltime position reporting to a board of directors through its Chair. The Executive Director will manage all activities of the organization including but not limited to: strategic planning, board development, developing programs and services, fund-raising initiatives, representing IPBS in numerous settings, communicating with stakeholders, and promoting the value of public broadcasting.
The Executive Director will carry out IPBS policies and plans enacted by the Board including (but not limited to) written strategic plans and a written statement of annual objectives for the Executive Director. The Executive Director will act on behalf of the organization, to commit IPBS funds and station participation consistent with the written policies and plans of IPBS.
For more details, including a list of major internal and external responsibilities, please visit the posting at http://liv.jobs.
- A minimum of ten years successful experience in planning and managing people and resources to achieve significant goals
- A successful track record in attracting major funding from government and foundation sources
- Outstanding communications skills. Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders and constituents
- Demonstrated capacity to be a strong advocate and articulate spokesperson for the mission, purposes and goals of an organization
- Knowledge and understanding of public broadcasting stations and issues at the local, state and national level
- Understanding of the emerging digital media landscape and other relevant external environmental issues at the state and national level that may impact IPBS’s capacity to achieve its goals
- Successful experience working with state government and its legislative processes in areas relevant to this position
- A demonstrated capacity to provide effective leadership within the framework of an executive board of directors’ organizational structure
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively on multiple projects simultaneously with a minimum of direct daily supervision/direction
Additional desirable qualifications include:
- Knowledge and understanding of Indiana and its major public policy issues
- Successful experience working with Indiana or other state government and its legislative processes
HOW TO APPLY:
IPBS is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the job posting and apply online at http://liv.jobs.
Apply now! Ongoing application review.
IPBS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Search Assistance by Livingston Associates
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://liv.jobs →