Global Action Project (GAP) seeks an experienced and enthusiastic Interim Program Manager to lead and manage the development, planning and implementation of GAP’s social justice youth media programs, including Youth Breaking Borders, SupaFriends, our Outreach Distribution Fellowship, cross-program initiatives and other strategic programmatic collaborations. This is temporary a contract positioning from January-July 2018.
- Lead program-planning and program development
- Lead curriculum development, grounded in GAP’s Core Curriculum
- Supervise and manage collaborative video production processes
- Supervise Youth Breaking Borders and SupaFriends Media Educators and the Outreach and Distribution Fellows
- Oversee recruitment efforts for programs
- Lead the development of a retention and community wellness plan for youth participants
- Create and implement professional development plans for staff
- Manage systems for program documentation, program evaluation, and program reporting
- Implement and manage program budgets
- Generate program-specific content for communications materials and grant proposals and reports
- Oversee the coordination of cross-program events
Developing Strategic Partnerships:
- Identify, develop and coordinate program-specific partnerships
Outreach and Distribution:
- Oversee outreach and distribution opportunities
- Co-lead outreach and distribution planning including online distribution, screenings & workshops, film festivals and development of strategic distribution partnerships
- Passion and capacity for GAP’s transformative media organizing approach, which connects media analysis & production, youth leadership and social justice & movement-building
- Strong pedagogical and facilitation skills and experience in alternative educational methods (such as popular education)
- Demonstrated commitment to the individual, social & intellectual development of youth
- Demonstrated value of asset-based support for youth & staff development
- Knowledgeable about local, national & global social justice issues
- Experience with digital video production (pre-production, production, post-production) & commitment to the aesthetic quality of their work
- At least three years experience as a program manager
- Comfortable in a collaborative, creative work environment with a diverse staff & youth community
- A sense of humor is much appreciated!
Salary commensurate with experience. Includes a generous benefits package including personal, vacation & sick days and health, dental and vision insurance. GAP is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of color, women, transgender and gender nonconforming people, and people with disabilities to apply.
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter, resume, and three references to: email@example.com
With the heading ATTN: Interim Program Manager
To apply for this job please visit www.global-action.org.