Milwaukee Film’s mission is to entertain, educate, and engage our community through cinematic experiences. In addition to the annual 15-day Milwaukee Film Festival, Milwaukee Film ‘s major programs include the Milwaukee Filmmaker Alliance, year-round education programs, screenings for members, and, in summer 2018, will expand to include year-round operation of a cinema.
Reporting to the Programming & Education Director and working closely with the MFA Director, the Milwaukee Filmmaker Alliance Programs Coordinator or Manager (rank of title commensurate with experience of hire) will be responsible for the planning and execution of professional development, education, and networking programs for the Milwaukee Filmmaker Alliance (MFA) in conjunction and consultation with a variety of stakeholders, audiences, and partners. Launched in 2017, the MFA supports all forms of media, television, and filmmaking, both artistic and commercial, from Milwaukee to the world and from the world to Milwaukee, striving to grow and sustain a diverse, inclusive, and vibrant creative community of storytellers from all corners of the industry through advocacy, networking, education, and funds for filmmakers. This position requires a skilled verbal and written communicator who is adept at multi-tasking, thrives on collaborative project-based work, and is highly organized and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate will have work experience in events or artist development programming and a deep passion for supporting and growing the Greater Milwaukee film industry.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaboratively conceptualize, lead planning process, and manage execution of year-round and festival MFA programming and events that serve a range of film industry roles via professional development, training, and networking opportunities
- Create strategic plans and processes to grow long term MFA programming reach sustainably
- Research and recruit panelists, facilitators, and other program participants for year-round and festival MFA programs, coordinating with Guest & Alumni Relations Manager and external partners as necessary
- Coordinate marketing, RSVP process, scheduling, and logistics for year-round and festival MFA events with Milwaukee Film Events, Marketing, and other teams
- Assure quality and consistency of year-round and festival MFA events: introduce and/or facilitate events, track attendance and surveys, confirm venue and tech needs, maintain branding consistency and sponsor recognition, manage volunteers, etc
- Manage Fiscal Sponsorship program communications and maintain records of projects, coordinate application distribution and review
- Collect, manage, enter, and analyze MFA event and membership data (attendance, evaluations, surveys, etc), participating in special projects (asset mapping) as needed
- Support MFA Membership programs by recruiting new members and assist Development team with supporting existing members
- Help write/edit marketing materials for MFA programs and initiatives, including MFA newsletter copy, social media posts, event invitations, etc
- Manage budget for MFA programs as assigned, identifying opportunities and constraints and assisting with annual budget development
- Lead MFA Programming Committee activities, serving as administrative staff to meetings, etc.; attend other MFA/MF Committee meetings as designated
- Participate in Milwaukee Film and MFA strategic planning efforts, brainstorming audience attraction and retention, new programs, inter-departmental collaborations, etc
- Represent Milwaukee Film and the Milwaukee Filmmaker Alliance internally and externally, retaining mission focus and serving as an ambassador for organization and programs to various audiences
- Network in local/regional film industry to develop program ideas
- Additional duties, especially to assist with other organization areas or cross-department initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a pertinent field
- Formal or informal conference/event planning or artist development programming experience
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and project management skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Competence with Google Apps, Microsoft Office required; FileMaker Pro preferred
- Enthusiasm for Milwaukee Film, the Milwaukee Filmmaker Alliance, and our mission/vision
- Knowledge of filmmaking industry and current industry issues
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to manage volunteers, interns, and seasonal staff
- Understanding of data and analysis
- Significant experience in event planning and/or artist development programs
- Coursework or degree beyond a Bachelor’s degree in filmmaking, film study, media arts, business, communication arts, arts administration, or related fields
- Direct and significant experience in film industry or with filmmaking
- Experience working in a film festival environment
- Industry connections outside of our organization
HOURS, SALARY & BENEFITS
This is a full-time, year-round salaried position paid on a biweekly schedule. Milwaukee Film’s offices are open from 9am-5pm weekdays. Additional night and weekend hours will be necessary for year-round MFA events as well as in the lead-up to and duration of the annual Milwaukee Film Festival. Annual salary offered will be commensurate with rank of hire, experience, and qualifications. Offered benefits include: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; flex spending account; retirement plan; employer-paid parking; paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick days). Position will begin in early July 2018.
Email résumé and cover letter to Programming & Education Director, Cara Ogburn (email@example.com) by 5pm on June 14, 2018. Cover letter should respond to the following questions:
- What specific experiences (from your résumé or otherwise) make you an ideal candidate for this position? Why?
- Why are you drawn to work for the Milwaukee Filmmaker Alliance?
Requests for interviews will be made beginning in early June. All candidates will be notified of their application status by mid-July. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org