The Roxie Theater seeks an experienced and creative Communications Associate to oversee marketing and outreach efforts and support programming efforts, with a specific focus on building audience and increasing earned revenue streams. The role fits into a small, dedicated staff where creative duties are shared, initiative is valued and culture is of prime importance. The Communications Associate is a hands-on contributor to the Roxie Theater’s mission in connecting distinctive cinematic experiences to the community.
This person needs to think creatively, work collaboratively, and have the ability to manage projects and produce content at a rapid pace with a keen eye for detail. Above all, this person should have a knowledge of independent/art film and have a passion for the Roxie Theater, its unique programming, and its eclectic audience.
- Maintain the Roxie website. Work with the programming and rentals teams to ensure event listings are accurate, complete and displayed in a compelling, user friendly format.
- Support the Programming Team on outreach campaigns for all Roxie events. Work with programmers to identify target audiences and partner organizations for each upcoming film event and utilize a diverse range of outreach strategies to attract different audiences.
- Contribute to Roxie social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Create events, schedule posts, promote hold overs, ensure showtimes are accurate in events & add showtimes as needed, and respond to Facebook messages.
- Ensure accurate Weekly Box Office Schedules. Double check accuracy of showtimes and price listings on Roxie.com and in Veezi. Add media, ticketing info and media tracking numbers as needed.
- Manage Roxie Poster Plan. Work with Programming Team and interns to ensure current and future film posters are up with descriptions and showtimes.
- Support Email Marketing Plan. Collaborate with staff to create and distribute weekly Roxie e-newsletters, maintain & create email lists, and assist in sending out film/program focused emails.
- Support the creation of printed materials including: bi-monthly calendars, annual reports, membership promotions, and other projects as assigned.
- Update Trailer Slides. Work with trailer editor to ensure organizational trailer slides are up to date and compellingly telling the Roxie story to audiences.
- Monitor the effectiveness of Communications efforts through data analytics and adjust strategies to better achieve increased audience and revenue.
- Miscellaneous tasks as needed. Including but not limited to answering the door, phone, print tracking and shipping, and general programming team support.
- 1–3 years marketing/communications experience, ideally for a nonprofit organization or film/media organization
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field
- Experience with creating social media messaging for a company or organization on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Experience with WordPress or other website building platforms: knowledge of HTML helpful but not required
- Ability to produce a high volume of quality language and content in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient copy editor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact comfortably with various personalities
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Some graphic design skills preferred (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Ability to work occasional weekend & weekday evening events
- Hunger for knowledge about programming and theater operations at a nonprofit cinema
- Team player & collaborator
- Basic video editing & photography skills preferred
- Interest in public speaking
Communications Associate will join the Roxie as an hourly employee at 32 hours a week with the possibility of expansion to a full time salaried role after 90 days. Compensation: $18/hour.
The Roxie is an Equal Opportunity Employer – women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1st.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com