Global Action Project (GAP) seeks a part-time (15-20 hrs/wk) experienced and enthusiastic Lead Media Educator to coordinate SupaFriends, our TLGBQ youth social justice media program. SupaFriends is a media arts and leadership program for TLGBQ youth in which TLGBQ youth define their issues and solution and express their unique stories and perspectives through popular education, storytelling, and video production. The Lead Media Educator, with the support of Program Manager, provides overall program coordination for SupaFriends, including curriculum design, program facilitation and leading media production and distribution.
- Lead planning and facilitation of SupaFriends program
- Organize recruitment and retention efforts
- Guide a collective youth video production process, including leading pre-production, production and post-production work.
- Engage with young people to build healthy supportive relationships; offer ongoing support to young people in program
- Prepare, debrief and assess program designs (in the areas of youth development, media production, political education, and popular education)
- Coordinate program-specific partnerships, with TLGBQ justice organizations and TLGBQ youth-serving organizations
- Provide mentorship support for SupaFriends Peer Media Educator
- Program administration, including managing youth applications and intakes, data management, providing program documentation, correspondence, etc.
- Support in developing and implementing distribution and communications strategies for SupaFriends media
- 3-5 years of production experience, with at least 1-3 years experience in production coordination
- Knowledgeable of TLGBQ organizing landscape in NYC preferred
- Knowledgeable of best practices for using media as a tool for social change and movement-building
- Ability to produce and edit a short narrative video
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere
- Knowledge of Photoshop, After Effects and of other design software or willingness to learn
- Experience with social media campaigns and social media distribution or desire to learn and experiment in this field
- Excellent facilitation skills and experience with alternative educational methods
- Contributes to creating a collaborative, creative work environment with diverse staff and youth
- Strong program administration and project management abilities
- Experience with leading community organizing and media organizing efforts a plus
- Ability to speak multiple languages a plus
- Sense of humor greatly appreciated!
This is an hourly, contract position with competitive hourly rates. G.A.P. is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of color, women, transgender and gender nonconforming people, and people with disabilities to apply.
How to Apply:
GAP is most interested in finding the ideal person to contribute to its future. The position is open until filled. Please email resume, three references and cover letter to:
ATTN: SupaFriends Lead Media Educator
To apply for this job please visit www.global-action.org.