Website The Writers Lab
The Writers Lab is produced by IRIS and New York Women in Film & Television, in collaboration with the Writers Guild of America, East, with support from The Black List, Relativity Media, Stony Brook Southampton+Manhattan and Tribeca Film Institute. It is made possible by the generous support of Meryl Streep and Nicole Kidman.
The Writers Lab seeks a self-directed, experienced manager with high integrity and a passion for film, eager for an opportunity to work on a mission-driven venture. The Managing Director (MD) will have an exciting and rewarding opportunity to support the realization of the female voice in narrative film. Reporting to and collaborating with the Advisory Board, the MD will coordinate and implement the 5-day retreat as well as execute fundraising efforts. As an integral member of the leadership team, the MD will provide thought leadership in planning for The Writers Lab overall advancement.
Qualities and Qualifications:
● Demonstrated passion for film and women in film
● Motivated, detail-oriented, transparent, independent worker
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Strong organizational skills, including document organization, planning, delegating, task execution and follow-up
● Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations specific to nonprofit sector
● Ability to interface and engage diverse groups and professionals
● Strong budget management skills, including budget preparation, decision-making and
● Team player with a collaborative spirit
● Ability to contribute to and articulate The Writers Lab’s vision and strategic
Job Description and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate all administrative details for The Writers Lab 5-day retreat, including venue and transportation details; accommodation and meal details; Participant, Mentor and Special Guest commitments; schedule and program details.
2. Work closely with the Advisory Board to structure and implement a fundraising campaign and to identify new sources of income.
3. Maintain ongoing relationships with current sponsors, donors, and strategic partners
4. Coordinate and manage script selection process: Coordinate Readers, meetings, script assignments; Manage evaluations and rounds; Manage notifications.
5. Plan and manage annual budget.
6. Maintain and update TWL website.
7. Prepare Funder, Budget, and other Organizational Reports.
8. Recruit and supervise interns.
9. Attend and report at monthly organization meetings.
Approximately 20 hours per week Oct-July
Approximately 35/40 hours per week August-September
Independent Contractor Basis
Please submit cover letter and resume to TWLMDsearch@gmail.com
Kyle Ann Stokes
To apply for this job email your details to TWLMDsearch@gmail.com