Global Action Project (GAP) seeks an experienced and enthusiastic part-time media educator (10-12hrs/wk) to co-facilitate our Youth Breaking Borders program. GAP’s Youth Breaking Borders is a program for immigrant youth to create community, build leadership and produce media for immigration justice. The Youth Breaking Borders Media Educator, with the support of Program Manager and Lead Media Educator, provides overall program support, including curriculum design, program facilitation and leading media production and distribution.
- Co-facilitate and plan program using G.A.P. curriculum with Lead Media Educator
- Guide a collective youth video production process, including leading pre-production, production and post-production work.
- Conduct recruitment and retention activities for young people for programs
- Engage with young people to build healthy supportive relationships; offer ongoing support to young people in the program
- Prepare, debrief and assess program designs (in the areas of youth development, media production, political education, and popular education)
- Participate in staff development and program support activities
- Plan and facilitate community events in collaboration with other staff and youth around related immigrant justice issues and community needs
- Participate in organizational development and overall program planning, where applicable
- Support the creation of outreach and distribution plans for media produced
- A willingness to engage with GAP’s curriculum and popular education approach, which integrates youth leadership development, political education, media analysis and production
- Excellent facilitation skills and experience with alternative educational methods
- Solid experience with digital video production (pre-production through post; experience with Final Cut Pro 7; Adobe Premiere a plus) and a commitment to the aesthetic quality of the work being produced
- Committed and passionate about social justice and political education, with deep knowledge of issues of importance to immigrant youth in New York City and immigrant justice movements
- Contributes to creating a collaborative, creative work environment with diverse staff and youth
- Strong administrative and time management skills
- Experience working with non-English speaking participants in a workshop setting
- Ability to speak multiple languages a plus
- Sense of humor greatly appreciated!
This is an hourly, contract position with competitive hourly rates. G.A.P. is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of color, women, transgender and gender nonconforming people, and people with disabilities to apply.
How to Apply:
G.A.P. is most interested in finding the ideal person to contribute to its future. The position is open until filled. Please email resume, 3 references and cover letter to: email@example.com ATTN: Youth Breaking Borders Media Educator
To apply for this job please visit www.global-action.org.