TERMS: Full Time (Exempt) Salary Range: $55,000 - $72,000
WMNF is a listener-supported community radio station that celebrates cultural diversity and is committed to equality, peace and social and economic justice.
WMNF provides broadcasts and other forums with a grassroots local emphasis that promote creative, musical, and political vitality.
OVERVIEW OF THIS POSITION
The Station Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day management of the station including the coordination of staff. The Station Manager is encouraged to maintain an open-door policy with staff, volunteers, and community.
- Prepare and present annual budget to NBS Board. Regularly monitor and comply with budget established by the Board.
- Ensure that all the station’s policies and processes are followed, including planning, evaluation, complaints, grievance procedures and maintenance of station files.
- Speak publicly on behalf of WMNF and serve as official station representative.
- Ensure compliance with regulations, guidelines, and standards of the FCC, CPB, IRS, and other appropriate licensing and qualifying organizations.
- Ensure compliance with grant requirements.
- Responsible for hiring, development, evaluation, and termination of staff personnel according to station policies and procedures.
- Facilitate staff participation through regular staff meetings in the station’s planning, evaluation and staff priority process.
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors on staffing levels and responsibilities.
- Oversee staff employed on specific projects.
- Participate actively in fundraising activities including on-air, other station and public events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community organizations and businesses in order to maximize fundraising opportunities.
- Oversee the work of the station’s Development Director which includes membership development planning, grant writing and reporting, donor cultivation and recognition.
- Share responsibility with and provide leadership to staff to assure sufficient funds are available for station operations.
Broadcast Programming and Training
- Consult regularly with Program Director, News and Public Affairs Director, and Volunteer Coordinator to stay abreast of programming and training issues and to review and develop policy.
- Coordinate the resolution of problems in programming and training administration.
- Ensure that Staff, Board, and Volunteer constituencies are informed and empowered.
- Oversee technical staff and technical priorities.
- In conjunction with the Technical Staff provide information and make recommendations to the Board on future technical and equipment requirements.
- Prior experience in a community organization or other non-profit.
- Demonstrated commitment to progressive and social justice ideas and organizations.
- Demonstrates understanding of financial management, including preparation and oversight of budgets.
- Ability and experience in managing and coordinating staff and volunteers.
- Prior fundraising experience.
- Demonstrates high quality leadership skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work co-operatively with a wide range of individuals and community organizations.
- Ability to resolve problems and conflicts effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates administration skills including report generation, record keeping, policy development, and ensures that decisions are implemented.
- Computer skills.
- Demonstrates an understanding of what makes good community radio.
- Experience and/or good understanding of promoting a community organization.
- Experience and/or education in radio (Public broadcasting is preferred) or other broadcast medium.
The Station Manager reports to the Nathan B. Stubblefield Foundation Board of Directors. The Station Manager must demonstrate a commitment to embrace and uphold the mission, values and vision of WMNF.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter, completed application and resume to: email@example.com or WMNF Board President/Search Committee, WMNF 88.5 FM, 1210 E. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Tampa, FL 33603. For a full job description, application and salary range, visit wmnf.org/stationmanager. The deadline to apply for this position is March 9, 2012 at 5:00 p.m.