The Women’s Media Center works to make women powerful and visible in media. The Women’s Media Center promotes women and girls as subjects and decision-makers, conducts media monitoring, training and leadership development, and creates original content.
The Women’s Media Center (WMC) seeks an Online Manager with proven experience as an online strategist and website manager with significant experience in online content publishing and web campaigns. The Online Manager will lead development, deployment and management of the Women’s Media Center’s website, email subscription list, activist campaigns, and online presence. This position will be responsible for editing, maintaining, and marketing all aspects of the Women’s Media Center’s online and social media presence including womensmediacenter.com, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and email distribution lists. We seek a person with unique hybrid of editorial and technical skills.
- Create online plans and campaigns based on institutional goals.
- Work with program and development staff to define and plan effective and creative online media strategies for organization growth and special projects.
- Manage, edit and update womensmediacenter.com and all other aspects of the Women’s Media Center online presence.
- Manage and grow the Women’s Media Center email subscription lists.
- Solicit editorial content from outside writers; manage, edit, and track blog content.
- Identify advocacy and content opportunities online.
- Develop and manage search engine optimization (SEO) and online marketing strategies for web properties.
- Oversee reporting and provide analysis on web traffic and social networking sites.
- Monitor and assess web, email, and social media campaign analytics
- Produce weekly and quarterly reports of online performance.
- Draft Change.org campaigns.
- Manage online advertising.
- Keep organization and staff abreast of trends in social media tools, trends and applications. Work with program staff to incorporate tools into their own Social Media accounts.
- Work with the Media Relations Manager and other program staff to amplify social media to advance Women’s Media Center organization and leadership platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS, web graphics editing/production, and content management systems (CMS). Experience with ExpressionEngine CMS a plus, as is PHP/MySQL experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, dealing with shifting priorities around breaking news, and/or “rapid response.”
- Knowledge of best SEO practices and Google Analytics.
- Strong understanding of digital campaigns.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Commitment to team work.
- Familiarity with Twitter, Facebook and various methodology for tracking social media output and reach.
- At least 5 years experience as a producer for online media or advocacy.
- College degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of women’s issues and organizations, progressive politics and organizations, media thought leaders and policymakers.
- Significant social media presence. Demonstrated ability to run online campaigns.
The Online Manager reports to the President of the Women’s Media Center and will work with her in the Women’s Media Center’s Washington, DC office.
Salary based on experience. Benefits include vacation and health insurance. The Women’s Media Center offers a creative and inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity. The Women’s Media Center cannot pay for relocation.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
The Women’s Media Center follows an Equal Opportunity Policy and employs personnel without regard to race, ethnic or religious background, descent or nationality, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy), gender identification, different abilities, marital status, age, height, weight, or military service.
Your complete application includes a cover letter that indicates how you learned of the job opening, a resume with dates of employment, salary history and three writing samples. Please email your application to:
Subject Line: Online Manager Search
Note: Due to the large number of applicants, we are unable to acknowledge the receipt and status of applications. Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.