Vision Education & Media (VEM) is a growing company that provides fun and creative after-school programs to PK-8th grade youth. Our cutting edge use of technology allows students to create projects that are personally meaningful to them, from building and programming LEGO robots to designing video games and stop motion animations.
Learning happens in a way that focuses on the passion and interest of our students, while addressing many academic content areas. Most importantly, our clubs are fun for our students!
VEM is seeking part-time instructors who are available to teach in our clubs 2-5 days a week. Our clubs are usually 2 hours and take place between 2-6pm.
We welcome experienced educators who may not be familiar with the particular technologies we use, provided they are eager to learn and passionate about technology education. We provide paid training in the technologies we use.
Our instructors are compensated at competitive rates, and those who demonstrate excellent classroom performance will be considered for additional teaching opportunities within the company.
- Teach 2-5 days a week between the hours of 2-6pm
- Attend Vision Education & Media trainings to master different curriculum technologies
- Independently gain proficiency with curriculum technologies
- Maintain regular communication with Manager
- Complete written reports detailing classroom activity within 24 hours of class
- Supplement basic curriculum with additional activities/project ideas
- BA or BS degree with a background in education
- Approximately two years of teaching experience either in a traditional school environment or within non-traditional teaching environments such as coaching or camp counseling
- Proven mastery of classroom management techniques
- Ability to commit to teaching at least two days a week through January 2013
- Ability to be on time and prepared for class
- Ability to independently get to and from program locations in and around 5 boroughs
- Availability to attend staff trainings and workshops as required
- Proficiency with computers
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Energy and enthusiasm about working with youth
- Experience with educational technology is a plus
Graduate students are encouraged to apply. Vision Education & Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with Teacher in the subject of the email. Indicate the days you are available in the cover letter.