Video Production Instructor—Movement City
The primary responsibility of the Video Production Instructor is to design and implement a fun and engaging curriculum to expose youth ages 10 to 18 to the art of video production and film making.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Work with MC Director and the MC Program Coordinator, in the design and implementation of a video production and filmmaking instructional curriculum that allows youth to express themselves in a fun, creative, and safe environment while building self-steam and positive relationships with other youth.
- Implement instructional activities that contribute to engage youth in meaningful and relevant learning experiences
- Track and evaluate students growth to provide activities concurrent with their skill levels
- Supervise youth in a safe, sensitive, developmentally appropriate, and positive manner.
- Mentor, befriend, and support youth in different settings
- Assist with the implementation of effective youth outreach and engagement strategies
- Collaborate with youth and staff to organize events aimed at connecting youth to opportunities, each other, and LCW
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and weekly department meetings
- Follow-up on and document youth member issues and concerns in a timely fashion
- Work collaborately with other staff in the accurate documentation and reporting of program activities
- Participate in external partner and funder relationships building activities
- Ensure proper usage and storage of all program equipment and supplies
- Adhere to all MC and LCW policies and procedures
Candidates must be willing to contribute to other facets of Movement City’s life beyond the classroom
- Post secondary education, degree, or relevant background/experience in related field
- Three to five years of experience in youth development preferred
- Proficiency with new technology and the use of it in the classroom
- Flexibility and ability to think creatively
- Ability to work collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends when needed
- Ability to manage various tasks/projects at once
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must forward their Resume to:(e-mail prefered)
Lawrence CommunityWorks, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
168 Newbury Street