Position Summary: The Communications Associate will work with the Vice President for Communications in implementing Public Knowledge's media strategy.
Position Status: Part-time with the possibility of Full-time, temporary with the possibility of permanent
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Vice President for Communications, [Public Knowledge President and Chief Operating Officer]
- Implementing Public Knowledge's media strategy
- Writing news releases, often on tight deadlines as assigned
- Liaison with bloggers and other media outlets
- Writing posts for PK blog
- Representing PK and taking part in PR-related activities for coalitions to which PK belongs
- A college graduate with journalism or public relations experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work quickly in time-sensitive situations
- Capacity to create and recognize media opportunities
- A willingness and ability to learn complex technological and legal issues quickly
Compensation: Public Knowledge provides competitive compensation, excellent benefits and opportunities for professional growth.
About Public Knowledge: Public Knowledge is a Washington D.C.-based, non-profit, public interest group working to promote a creative and connected future. Public Knowledge is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual or gender orientation, religion or physical ability. For more information on us, visit PublicKnowledge.org.
HOW TO APPLY
To Apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and press release, news item or blog post to Brooke Hunter at[email protected] by July 8, 2012.