Membership and Outreach Coordinator
Job Title: Membership and Outreach Coordinator
Department: Marketing and Outreach
Supervisor: Director of Marketing and Community Outreach
Hours: 35 hrs/wk, occasional evenings & weekends
Employment Type: Full-time with benefits
Job Grade Level: Coordinator
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Boston Neighborhood Network (BNN), Boston’s community media center, offers public access to cable television channels, video production equipment and facilities, training, production support, and a multimedia computer center. By providing the means of production and a public forum, it invites diverse communities to express themselves and encourages broad-based public dialogue.
Job Description Summary: The Membership and Outreach Coordinator performs all data entry, organizes and manages all membership, workshop, outreach and other BNN data in CiviCRM and/or other databases as needed by BNN in addition to generating reports for management. S/he provides basic and essential information about BNN to members and interested parties through phone interactions, orientations, email, printed material, and mailings. Additionally, s/he will coordinate the BNN Intern and Volunteer Program assuming tasks related to recruitment, orientation and tracking.
- Provide information about BNN membership to prospective members.
- Ensure that all members receive the proper BNN orientation.
- Provide members with ID cards and information on workshops, BNN programs, opportunities, policies & procedures.
- Develop and manage a robust media and technology workshop curriculum and roster of instructors.
- Register and collect the fees of workshop participants and supply them with the appropriate materials.
- Send mailings to members publicizing BNN activities and other information.
- Outreach to potential members through print materials and community events.
- Manage the recruitment, screening and tracking of BNN interns and volunteers.
- Maintain the CiviCRM membership database so it is up-to-date, thorough and accurate.
- Collect membership fees and document them in database.
- Send renewal notices to members.
- Maintain a system tying membership privileges to up-to-date dues payment.
- Outreach to past inactive members and community organizations.
- Manage Timothy Smith Network database to track Open Access usage and post workshop info.
Work with the Director of Marketing and Community Outreach on the following:
- Printing and distribution of promotional material, including: brochures, signage, newspaper supplements, billboards, print and radio ads.
- Production and distribution of BNN’s newsletter.
- Creation of BNN’s TV guide and distribution to members and local press.
- Informing BNN producers about how to publicize their programs.
- Assist in the planning of special events, such as BNN’s Open House, Annual Meeting, and Intern Showcase.
Implement and maintain BNN’s social media and digital media production strategy using:
Email | Twitter | Facebook | Linked-In | YouTube | Flickr
- Collaborate with BNN staff, community and education institutions to leverage marketing initiatives, combining traditional and new media consumer outreach.
- Track performance of specific initiatives and of overall outreach program.
- Assist in defining target audiences and develop corresponding communication strategies.
- Create and distribute regular reporting for all media and campaigns.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
General Job Requirements: Must help maintain friendly, consistent, non-discriminatory atmosphere in the workplace. Must communicate well with BNN staff. Must communicate well with diverse membership in person and on the phone. Must be accurate and thorough. Must be able to set priorities and perform tasks in a timely fashion.
Education and/or Experience: College degree or demonstrated experience in a related field.
Language Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills. Bilingual skills are a plus.
Computer Skills: Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; strong database management skills using CiviCRM or like software; graphic design experience using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign; website administration skills are a plus.
Physical Demands: Typing.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.)
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline to Apply: July 20, 2012
please send resume and cover letter to:
Boston Neighborhood Network (Jobs)
3025 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02119
BNN is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons of color, women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Boston residency strongly preferred.