Film Biz Recycling is a nonprofit organization that prevents pollution, creates jobs and aids our community by diverting set materials to local charities and operating a creative reuse center and prop shop in Gowanus, Brooklyn. FBR takes donations exclusively from the NYC production industry: film, tv, commerial. Items are sorted for optimum sustainability and over 60% of donated supplies is redistributed throughout our community by way of 10+ partnered local charities & nonprofits. To fund operating costs, the remaining 40% is priced for rental or sale in our 11,000 square foot Prop Shop.
FBR is seeking a Visual Director. This is an integral position in our small staff of 12 employees. The Visual Director is responsible for the aesthetic design of our showroom as well as the "boots on the ground" procedures of a high-functioning Reuse Center. The perfect candidate has a confident and refined visual merchandising aesthetic, but is ready to get down and dirty coordinating and participating in the loading and unloading of trucks, organizing the flow of materials, furniture and industry smalls. The Visual Director frequently engages in design projects external from day-to-day operations through Film Biz Recycling's many collaborations.
You must have:
- Passion for the mission
- Terrific work ethic
- Impressive organizational skills
- Common sense
- Advanced visual design aesthetic
- Ability to lift, move and haul large and heavy furniture & boxes
- Comfortable working within a primarily female operated organization
This is a managerial position that requires leadership qualities, previous managerial experience is a plus. Previous merchandising experience is a must. We are very community-oriented and fun organization that's enthusiastically looking to welcome the right candidate onto our team.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Thanks!