Communications Strategist, Open Technology Institute
The Open Technology Institute (OTI) strengthens communities and communications through technology development, applied learning, and policy reform. OTI formulates policy and regulatory reforms to support open architectures and open source innovations, and facilitates the development and implementation of open technologies and communications networks. OTI promotes affordable, universal, and ubiquitous communications networks through partnerships with communities, researchers, industry, and public interest groups, and is committed to maximizing the potentials of innovative open technologies by studying their social and economic impacts—particularly for poor, rural, and other underserved constituencies. OTI provides in-depth, objective research, analysis, and findings for policy decision-makers and the general public. For more information, please visit http://oti.newamerica.net
The Communications Strategist will lead a review of our internal and external communications approach. Reporting to OTI’s Director, the Communications Strategist will collaborate with the NAF communications team and OTI senior leadership to develop and implement a communications plan integrating the Institute’s strategies and platforms to broaden the impact of OTI’s programs, including development and oversight of organizational messaging and web and media presence as well as harmonizing internal strategies and communication efforts.
- Collaborate with OTI’s Director and senior leadership to develop strategic communications strategies that will broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact.
- Develop and refine OTI’s “core” messages and branding to ensure organizational consistency.
- Use a mix of communications platforms to support OTI’s work.
- Support OTI staff’s use of strategic communications tools.
- Serve as managing editor for OTI’s websites.
- Oversee organizational response to press inquiries about OTI and promote OTI to the press as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Familiarity with the mission and issues OTI addresses.
- Significant communications experience that includes a blend of policy analysis, tactical media, and media relations.
- Project management experience in website development.
- A strong track record of positioning an organization to achieve tangible outcomes through strategic communications.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website to apply.